Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 8...Baked Oatmeal

This 31 days plus blogging business is HARD work!  If I have time in my day to do a Pinterest Pin, it is hard to find time to Blog about it.  So, I am behind.  But, I'll try to catch up.  I did miss a couple days of getting anything Pinteresty done, but, I did two things on other days.  So, I call it even.

Wednesday morning for my Mom's group, I made baked oatmeal.  This was kind of a cheat, because I made it before, but, it did come from Pinterest, so, it counts!

Baked Bluberry and Banana Oatmeal via The Curvy Carrot


I forgot to take my own photo, so the above is the photo from Pinterest.  This recipe I actually first made when some of my small group was on a 21 Day No Junk Food Challenge that I also found on Pinterest.  We needed something "desserty" that wasn't junk food, and this fit the bill.

The only sweetener used in this recipe is 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup.  Other than that, this is a good for you food that is simple to make and tastes great.  You can add some brown sugar on top if you like, but honestly, it is not needed.  This is certainly a keeper...for breakfast OR dessert!

No comments: