Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 14 & 15...Box Cake and Icing

Well, I needed a dessert, and all I had was box cake.  So, of course I had pinned a recipe to jazz up box cake.  And, as a cheat, I'm going to use a chocolate buttercream icing that I pinned. So, although this is one day...I'm counting it as 2.  Deal with it.

Jazzed up Box Cake by Bronze Budget Bride

Simple instructions for jazzing up your box cake:

Step 1: Look at the directions on the cake mix,
Step 2: Add one more egg (or add 2 if you want it to be very rich),
Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount,
Step 4: Instead of water, use milk.
Step 5: Mix well and bake for the time recommended on the box.

I added 2 extra Eggs
I didn't have enough butter, so I had to use the oil

Now for the Icing:

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting from Food.com

I call it icing, they call it frosting.  Is there a Difference?



This was really good.  I'm looking forward to trying it again, with the butter! But, I HAD to save the butter for my icing...I mean frosting.  I could have made a little more frosting though, and added a little more sugar to it.  It wasn't quite as good as Matt's eyeballed method of Chocolate frosting.  Don't tell him that.  He should read the blog if he wants to know what I am saying about him.

No comments: