Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 16...Homemade Diaper Detergent

So, I cloth diaper.  It has it's pros (cost!) and cons (work), but, I'd highly recommend it to anyone.  It isn't that difficult, really.  I took up making my own laundry detergent several months ago and really like it, although, I am addicted to the store bought clean smell....but, I'm working on that.  I had been using it on my diapers, but read that it can be too harsh.  So, I cam across a recipe to make a gentler cleaner for the diapers.  It was originally from the Duggar's website, go figure.

Homemade Diaper Detergent by Elisa Loves

The Ingredients:


Mix equal parts of Baking Soda, Super Washing Soda and Oxi Clean (or Sun Oxygen)


Store it in a fancy container...or an old coffee container.

Use 2 T per load of diapers! 

This seemed to work great.  Diapers came out clean and not stinky.  What more can you ask for?


No comments: