Saturday, September 08, 2012

Day 5...Clean Floors

The kitchen floor was looking scummy and I am all out of chemical ridden floor cleaners. So, it was time to make my own!

The Ingredients:


1/4 c White Vinegar
1/4 cup Baking Soda**
1 T dish soap
2 Gallons WARM water

Mix together, and mop away!


(**The recipe I used said Baking Soda, but the picture they posted SHOWED Washing Soda, I didn't realize this until AFTER mopping the floor.  Baking soda worked, but next time, I'll try Washing Soda. Or a method that has only Vinegar and Water.)

It seems to have worked, and didn't leave the chemical smell!  My floor is a wood laminate floor, and it is sparkly clean.  I wouldn't say it worked BETTER than commercial cleaner, but, it definitely wasn't any worse.  And, for no harsh chemicals, I think it is a keeper! 

Source:  Food.com  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try this. I've made some of my own concoctions but never thought to use washing soda:o)

Unknown said...

I use a Pinterest recipe that is just water and vinegar. It does a great job on my floor, but Brad hates the smell. It evaporates, but he complains every time. I may get some lemon or lavender essential oil to add the next time.