Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 7...Mini Corn Dogs

Jeremy LOVES corn dogs. Me, not so much. But, because I love him, and this seemed fairly easy, I thought I'd go for it.

Today's Pinterest:  Mini Corn dogs.


Ingredients:
Butter
Sugar
Egg
Buttermilk
Flour
Cornmeal
Baking Soda
Salt

Combine wet and dry ingredients...



looking good so far!


Hot Dogs, cut them into little pieces


1Tbs of mix into mini-muffin cups with a little piece of hot dog


And bake!


Lovely little miniature corn dogs!


 These actually tasted pretty good, but you can see from my final product that they don't exactly look like the original.  Maybe I should have let them cool a little more?  They fell apart pretty easily.  But, it was a nice sweet cornbread!  I enjoyed them.  There was a variation in the recipe to use half of the butter and add some applesauce instead.  Maybe I should try that.  This is a maybe keeper for sure.  Jeremy ate the hotdog....not the cornbread.  Benny tried the cornbread, but most went on the floor.

Complete Receipe





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe a regular corn bread muffin recipe would work. And, even though it isn't healthy, coating the muffin tin with butter might make it caramelize and help them stay together. Love the idea. Probably a football party winner:o)