Wednesday, May 09, 2007

IUI #1







We had our first IUI last Thursday. It has been quite a journey for us and the day came with much anxiety and excitement. On Tuesday before the IUI, we had an ultrasound to verify that my ovaries did their job (with the help of a friendly drug called Femara) and made some eggs. We had two very nice eggs, one on each ovary. They measured 22mm and 24mm.

That night, my Grandpa gave me a shot of HCG to trigger the release of my two mature eggs. (Matt was at a meeting, Grandma and Mom were chicken, so Grandpa got the honor of giving the shot in the butt!) The shot wasn't bad at all, I barely felt it.

Thursday morning, bright and early we went in for our insemination. It was not bad. Similiar to an annual exam. I had to remain laying on the table for 30 minutes, and the nurse set a little kitchen timer. The timers dial had a sperm on it! It was somewhat humorous.

So, now we wait. And wait. And wait some more. The waiting is already very hard, and it has only been 6 days!

We are sending up much prayer that at least one egg fertilized and implanted. I'm getting very impatient as we have just crossed our 2 years mark of trying.

No comments: